SOUND CIRCLE EURYTHMY INTENSIVE COURSE
(subject to changes)
Is this the time and place for you to join this exciting initiative, which grew out of the longings and wishes of a number of people desiring an intensive immersion in the rich world of eurythmy without taking up the commitment to a full time Training?
The group that began in September is great! They have worked together so well and grown enormously, both as individuals and as a group. Their enthusiasm and laughter are constant and infectious! AND, should you not be able to participate for all three days, but would be able to commit for one or two days, please contact us.
The Intensive Course intends to give an in-depth introduction to, and exploration of, the basic elements of Speech and Tone Eurythmy, including individual skill building as well as group movement dynamics and their spiritual-scientific basis in the evolution of consciousness at the heart of anthroposophy and Waldorf Education.
- The Course meets three times a week, for one-and-a-half to two hours each day, in blocks, ranging from 5 to 8 weeks, with at least a week off between them.
- The specific times of the meetings will be:
- Mondays 3.30-5.00 – together with the 3rd Year SCE Training students (the Borealis class) to work on fundamental exercises and choreographies, which require larger groups (which will be good for both the Intensive AND Training students!) These sessions will be given by David-Michael Monasch, and will be largely accompanied by a pianist.
- Tuesdays 2.30-4.30 – Speech Eurythmy with Glenda Monasch.
- Wednesdays 3.00-5.00 – Tone Eurythmy (with piano accompaniment) with David-Michael.
- Remaining Dates foreseen for the blocks in the 2014-15 school year are:
- 1) Jan 5-Feb 11 (6 weeks)
- 2) Feb 25-Mar 24 (5 weeks) – some adjustments MAY need to be made in this time, depending on the SCE Ensemble touring schedule!
- 3) Apr 27-June 3 (6 weeks)
January will be the last time new participants will be able to enter the Intensive Course!
- Participants will make a commitment for a full block at a time (NO ‘drop-ins’, except in the case of someone considering joining the block in progress or a later one.)
- The fee for the Intensive Course will be $100 per person per week – – i.e. this next 5-week block will cost $500. Each block must be pre-paid during its first week. Upon acceptance into the Course, a non-refundable deposit of the first $200 of the fee will be required. (Finances alone should never be the reason not to participate with us — please call if you need to make an individual financial arrangement.)
- The venue for these sessions will be the Kelly Barn, 1360 Sumac, North Boulder. Participants are encouraged to attend public Adjunct courses offered by SCE; and may also be invited to attend selected internal SCE classes, making additional financial contributions on a case-by-case basis.
- If possible, it is hoped all applicants can meet with SCE directors Glenda and David-Michael for an interview. If you are interested in more information, or if you feel ready to apply for the Intensive Course, please contact David-Michael at firstname.lastname@example.org.